Industrial Glow Tape is a glow-in-the-dark product from Glonation. This tape comes in two different widths (one inch or two inches) on a 30-foot roll, or you can simply buy it by the foot if you only need a small quantity. The back of this tape features a sticky side with industrial-strength, long-lasting glue, and it’s covered with a paper peel-off backing so that it won’t get stuck to itself or get stuck to other things until you peel off the paper.
Uses for Industrial Glow Tape
Our customers have found numerous uses for our glow tape, and there’s probably a whole lot more ways that you can use it. Glow tape is ideal in any scenario that meets the following conditions:
- The lights are on or the tape is exposed to sunlight for at least part of the time, allowing the glow tape to recharge and glow brightly when it gets dark.
- Lights might go off in circumstances where people still need to see to get around
- You need a source of illumination that works without dependence on electricity or batteries
Other general circumstances where anyone would find glow tape helpful
- Public places where someone might sue if they could not see the way to the exits
- Outdoor areas where a product like glow paint might chip or peel
- Rough or porous surfaces, like concrete, that aren’t optimal for being painted
- Areas where you desire a smooth, straight edge for a professionally-finished look
Specific Applications and Use Cases for Glow Tape
Now that we’ve covered the general circumstances where glow tape is helpful, here are some specific ideas of what you can do with this glow tape to make your life easier.
Outline doorways that serve as emergency exits
When you are in a building and the power goes out, will you know the way out? Even in a building where employees work there every day and know their way around, someone could get hurt feeling their way to an exit if the lights suddenly went out. This becomes even more important if your building is a place where the general public can walk in or where people could become lost or feel trapped on their way out without the use of lights.
Mark an exit path on the floor
If you have an especially spacious or maze-like layout, glow tape can also provide you a good method for guiding people on the correct path to the exit if there is a power outage. Stick a single line of glow tape to the floor in a low traffic area, such as a few inches from the wall where it won’t be frequently walked on, and continue the line all the way out to the exit doors.
Outline light switches that might be hard to see
Ever get frustrated searching for the light switch? With glow tape, you won’t have to. Simply mark a rectangle on the wall around the switch, and you’ll have glowing guidance for where to reach your hand. Since our glow tape can glow brightly for up to 12 hours when it has been fully charged, you’ll even be able to see it if you wake up in the middle of the night. This technique works for door handles and keyholes, too.
Line the edge of each stair tread
Stairs can be particularly hazardous in the dark, and glow tape can be a great way to ensure that people who are going up or down the stairs can see. Put a strip of glow tape at the edge of each stair tread so that people can have a brightly lit reminder of the placement of the stairs.
Mark any low-hanging beams where someone could hit their head
In crawl spaces, attics, and other dark areas, it can be incredibly frustrating to have a low-hanging beam where you have to duck or you’ll hit your head. Even when you know that something like that is there, you can forget more than once, and your noggin will suffer for it. Rather than constantly banging your head on the same place when you walk in and out, mark it with glow tape so that you’ll have a visual reminder of its exact placement.
There are so many more uses for our glow tape than we can mention here, but these ideas should get you started. We’ve mainly covered industrial and safety uses here, but our glow tape can also be used for crafts, jewelry, auto detailing, and much more.
Benefits of using glow tape
When you have the choice between using glow paint, glow powder, vinyl glow sheets, and glow tape, how do you know which one to pick? Here are a few of the benefits of using glow tape.
- It’s dry immediately. Stick it down and you’re ready to go. No need to wait for it to dry or put up “wet paint” signs.
- You spend less time applying it. If quicker is better, or if you have large quantities of areas to cover, you won’t want to be tediously applying a long, thin, one-inch-wide line with a brush.
- It works outdoors without peeling or chipping.
- It sticks firmly surfaces where you can’t easily apply paint, such as carpeted stair treads or concrete.
- You get a long-lasting glow that’s the brightest available on the market. It can recharge thousands of times without noticeably diminishing in brightness.
Tell us how you’ve used glow tape
Have a suggestion or a unique way you’ve put glow tape to good use? Your idea might help other people out. Drop us a line and tell us how you’ve used glow-in-the-dark tape. In the meantime, shop our glow tape selection today.